If Oconomowoc area residents aren’t hard at work, chances are they’re out enjoying the area’s myriad of recreational and cultural activities, including shopping, festivals, and special events throughout the year.
With many lakes, parks, and sporting venues, recreational activities in the Oconomowoc area are abundant and change with the seasons.
Please view our member directory for a wide variety of lodging, dining, and shopping Chamber members, and please visit our calendar for a comprehensive listing of upcoming events.
In addition to the local links below, Oconomowoc is in close proximity to hundreds of popular Wisconsin destinations. Please consult the Wisconsin Department of Tourism for more information.
- City of Oconomowoc Parks and Recreation Department – Maintains more than 47 parks and recreation facilities throughout the City. Some of the picnic areas and/or shelters are available for reservation. The Department also sponsors a number of various activities and fitness programs for youths and adults, and organized league play in a variety of sports.
- Department of Natural Resources – This link provides comprehensive information to outdoor activities such as camping, hunting, trapping & fishing, etc. Oconomowoc is located in Waukesha County in southeastern Wisconsin. This site also includes information regarding all of the Wisconsin State Parks, State Forests, State Recreation Areas, and State Trails.
- Fishing – Another good fishing site describing the types of fish found in Oconomowoc area lakes is found here.
- Glacial Drumlin Trail – A multi-use recreational trail running from Cottage Grove to Waukesha. During most of the year, bicyclists, in-line skaters, hikers and joggers use the 47-mile trail. In winter, it’s open to skiers and snowmobilers.
- Golf – Oconomowoc and the surrounding area golf courses offer challenges to players of all abilities.
- Lapham Peak – A 671-acre park in Delafield, also features hiking, biking, horseback riding, and groomed cross-country skiing trails. It is also home to Southeastern Wisconsin's most unique outdoor Performing Arts venue, SummerStage.
- Olympia Resort and Spa – The resort includes the OSpa, featuring massages, body treatments, manicures and pedicures, facials and more. There is also a fitness room offering a complete cardio room, and top it off with a tan.
- Waukesha County Park System – This link provides comprehensive information on all County park activities including Oconomowoc’s neighboring Nashotah Park, as well as boating access run by the county.
- Winter Activities – The snow-covered countryside is ideal for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and sledding. Waukesha County Parks - Trails has over 16 miles of groomed cross-country ski trails.
- YMCA – Located in the Pabst Farms development, the YMCA provides an array of sports programs and activities for the entire family in its state of the art 115,000-square-foot facility.